Week 1 1/9/14
- QR codes on business cards link individuals to my company blog
- A QR Code is a 2-dimensional “quick response” bar code that contains a set of data
- Link to your “Contact Me” page, and encourage folks to actually contact you.
- QR codes can set apart your work from others
- QR codes can help your page look unique
Week 2 1/16/14
- Students in the scroll post their work on there
- Able to check out video or photography equipment
- Student news is available for show
- http://www.byuicomm.net helps your advertising
- It has Latter-Day Profiles done with members of the church.
Week 3 1/23/14
- All the AP Press Releases are online to read for the last three years.
- Associated press does reporting, photography, video and audio.
- Is used in publications all over the world
- Is free to the public
- Associated Press was founded in 1846
Week 4 1/30/14
- He Photographic society is open to everybody
- The Photographic Society has many contests
- Caryn Esplin is the faculty advisor for the Photographic Society.
- Students post their pictures
- A great resource
Week 5 2/6/14
- Know your salary range before you go into a interview
- Make sure you research before you interview
- Most recruiters use the same general questions during the interview,
- Before interviewing, one should know the average salary
- Prepare for all of you interviews
Week 6 2/13/14
- The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications
- Good PR jumpstart
- PRSSA is made up of more than 11,000 students and advisers
- PRSSA can connect you to lifelong opportunity, experience and professional growth
- Helps students with PR
Week 7 2/20/14
- BYU- I is part of the AAF
- There are awards for advertising that you can receive from them.
- Discounts and benefits are available
- They post their government affairs online for the public.
- The nation’s oldest national advertising trade association
Week 8 2/27/14
- My grad plan is still very limited
- I need to finish my foundations classes
- I am a first semester freshman
- I have taken 2 classes for my degree this semester
- I am on a good track system
Week 9 3/6/14
- I can find my timezone
- There are printable PDF calendars.
- I can find the phases of the sun and moon
- Mobile apps are available for the maps
- Mobile maps are available for the timezones
Week 10 3/13/14
- The College of Business and Communication is already advertising for Experience Europe 2014.
- The individual Business and Communication Departments are listed
- Lists of all related Societies and contact information is on the page
- Awards are listed for students
- Internship information is available under the communication tab